Taken from Cinemaflix Distribution:
Most filmmakers are experts when it comes to making films. But they fall short when it comes to distributing and marketing their films. Lacking this skill, they are susceptible to quick-talking film hustlers with a seductive pitch: Just sign on with me for life, and I’ll make all your dreams come true. The sad part is that many filmmakers fall for this line and end up spending their last dime, with nothing to show for it in return.
Filmmakers can take steps to avoid getting cheated, swindled and ripped off. It starts by demanding-insisting!-on total transparency.
1. Make sure you know the theater and the schedule for the opening of your film. Define how much of the box office income you will receive. Determine if any expenses for overhead will be deducted from your earnings.
2. Limit any agreement with a distributor or sales company to a few years. Understand that you will be surrendering rights by signing on.
3. Request the name of the publicist who will be handling your film. Receive approval to contact the publicist directly.
4. Ask for a list of the digital platforms and cable companies that most likely will offer your film.
5. Don’t spend a fortune producing thousands of DVDs hoping you’ll sell them all. Work with someone that will produce DVDs on demand. This eliminates unnecessary inventory and, more importantly, it eliminates the risk.
6. Have a very clear understanding of the fees being charged and the income you can expect.
That’s a lot to digest. Staying alert to the swindlers that lurk around every corner can drive you insane.
Year After is a story of best friend James and Carlo that turned sour after 9 years of friendship because of James wife, but after one year they accidentally met each other once again and realized their needs of depending from one another. What are you willing to do for your best friend? will you love your friend to the extent of losing your family? these and lots more are going to be tackled by Year After starring Angelo Carl, Arnel Hasigan, Albert Gayo, Lawrence Binghay , Beth Castillano and Carl Lorenz, coming soon to cinemas near you.
One of Albert Gayo short films “Cities with a Heart” was shown in international film festivals such as New York Audience Now, Big Arthouse Chicago, and Indiewise Miami Filmfest, Wiper Filmfest, and also a semi-finalist for Short International Open Filmfest in Bangladesh, Crystal Wish won Best Actress for Emirates Short Film Festival, his recent music video If No Be God is also a semi-finalist for Caribbean Market Filmfest and Indiewise Miami Filmfest on top of his other 3 films that were also shown in different international screenings.
Now, Albert has already received invitations to screen his first feature film “Year After” in various International Film Festival around the world.